Friday, February 15, 2013

How to make a paper shadow box

Watch "How to make a Shadow Box" on YouTube
In this video I go over how I made the shadow box invitation for my kids.  I had been looking for a tutorial specifically on how to make a shadow box and I was not having any luck.  I did find one that required the use of lots of paper folded accordion style, although it was a good idea it was not going to work for me because I needed to make 60, yes 60 shadow boxes.  As you can see in one of the pictures below my invitations are side by side shadow boxes that open up like a stand up picture frame. 

Now, I was having problems recording the video and had to record 6 times.  So, because it always happens this way (murphy's law) I think I didn't go over some things about the shadow box…like how I used a 3x5 inch hinge to connect my two shadowboxes and how I had to figure out where to score on the hinge so that I had a clean wrap around fold and a center fold to give the shadow boxes a way to open up smoothly…yeah, it was a long two days let me tell ya.

I also didn't go over (but added a blurb) about how if you're not going to make the pocket shadow box you can just glue down your sides, long sides first, and then go on from there.  That should be pretty self-explanatory though. 

OR how I didn't go over painting your rectangular tubes before gluing them on the pocket only if they are chipboard…remember you can't paint regular cardstock without it warping and you don't want that to happen.

Although I may have left out a few bits you can still follow what I'm trying to do…I hope.

If you have any questions let me know. 

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment