Saturday, February 9, 2013

Homemade Glue

As a kid my mom would make us homemade glue. She would use flower and water, nothing else. I've been on a mission to find a recipe for glue, not sure why I didn't just use my moms.

I made one...hope it works.
1.5 cups water
1 cup flower
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vinegar

Pour water in the saucepan, no fire yet. Whisk in flower, sugar then turn on stove to medium. Add the vinegar and whisk for about three minutes. Turn off the stove as soon as you start getting pasty clumps in your glue.

Once cool store and place in the fridge. The vinegar acts as an anti mold agent. Glue can be stored in the fridge for about 6 months.

This recipe will make about two cups of glue.

This is not my own made up recipe. I got the recipe from greenbacksgal on YouTube. I will be using the Wilton candy bottle to store and apply my glue.





No comments:

Post a Comment